Placement and Coverage (Your Owners Manual Can be found/downloaded below)
Congratulations on purchasing your new Triad Aer.
We want you to have a great experience and have provided these tips on how best to set up your Triad Aer machine.
Also, further down the page, you will find a few helpful videos.
Quick start on setup: All of the steps listed below are in your manual as well as in the enclosed video.
The more completely you understand your machine the higher your level of satisfaction.
1. Find a place 5 feet or higher in the largest open common area of your home or clinic. If there is an HVAC return nearby it will help spread the active purification throughout your home or clinic. Do not place it on the floor. Placing it on a desk or table limits its effectiveness.
2. Make sure you have 3″ of space behind your machine and point it towards the center of the room.
3. The fan should be set as high as possible with out causing more noise than you are willing to allow.
4. Run on normal or PCO mode for the first 5 days. ( the manual states 1 day but many people like the normal mode so give it a chance to diffuse through out you area).
5. After the 5 days, you can set to high mode. Start out first on 250. Make sure the display area is never higher than the open area you are cleaning. This does not mean the entire indoor space but the general area of all rooms that generally stay open to the room where you have placed the machine.
6. Gradually increase the setting by 250 sq ft every 24 hours until the area shown is closest to the total area you are cleaning.
7. You will learn to identify the odor that the machine produces in high mode as it comes out of the unit. If you ever smell the odor any where else other than right in front of the machine reduce the purification setting 1 or 2 steps.
Now you are balancing your air to suit the needs of your space. If you smell offensive odors in your space increase the purifier 1 or 2 steps. Never set to higher than the area it is treating. If you still have offensive odors you may decide to use the sani-boost in the upper right area of your display.
This should only be used when people and pets will be away from the space. This setting allows you to set it for 2, 4, 6, or 8 hours. When away from the space always plan to be away at least 2 hours more than the setting you select.
As to cleaning make sure you check it in the first 30 or 45 days just to make sure air can get through the screen so we can convert air into a cleaning plasma.
The video below shows you how to do a complete cleaning. If you are short on time make sure at the least that the screen is free of dust. After the first check you should be able to get by cleaning every 90 days or so. It will all vary based on your environment.